IFRC


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Can I make a contribution via a direct bank transfer?

Yes, the International Federation accepts transfers to its bank accounts in Swiss francs, euros, pounds sterling and US dollars. For further information, read donate by bank transfer.

In which currencies can I make an online donation?

The donation button (right) lists all the main currencies that we accept. We can accept contributions in Swiss francs, euros or US dollars. All currencies will be converted into Swiss francs, based on the exchange rate at our bank in Geneva.

How long does it take to process my credit card contribution?

All accepted credit card donations are processed in approximately three weeks. During times of major disasters, the process time may be delayed due to the welcoming response from supporters around the world.

Which percentage of donations is allocated to our programmes?

The Federation spends 93.5% of the donations on direct programme costs. The remaining 6.5% is used to cover administrative and other miscellaneous costs.

If I am interested in organizing local fundraising initiatives, should I contact my local Red Cross/Red Crescent office?

Yes. Our web site provides contact information for all 190 National Societies. Their local representatives will be able to provide you with the assistance and additional information that you need.



The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies . As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. About this site & copyright