The IFRC Logistics Management network includes:
- Logistics Management at the Geneva secretariat headquarters
- Regional logistics units in Kuala Lumpur, Panama and Nairobi
- A Logistics hub and Fleet Base in Dubai
- Stockpiles of relief items in Las Palmas, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras, Ecuador and Peru. With plans to expand to Senegal, Cameroon, Namibia and Zimbabwe in Africa, and a sub-regional warehouses in the Pacific and in the Caribbean
- A roster of logistics specialists and equipment for rapid deployment (Emergency Response Unit) maintained by 5 member National Societies
- A pool of logisticians deployed at operational level around the world
This regionalized structure ensures that the IFRC can source and deliver relief items and services to assist the most vulnerable quickly and efficiently – and in close proximity to operations.
In addition to these units, the IFRC can deploy logistics emergency response units (ERUs) to a disaster zone. These units support logistics operations in an emergency situation and can be deployed within hours of a disaster occurring.
To find out more about the IFRC global logistics services, please contact one of our units:
 British Red Cross, Danish Red Cross, Finnish Red Cross, Spanish Red Cross and Swiss Red Cross