The fourth session of the annual "International course on law, legal protection and disasters" will take place in Sanremo, Italy on 8-12 December 2014.
This course, co-convened by the IFRC, the Brookings Institution-London School of Economics Project on Internal Displacement, and the United Nations Development Programme and hosted by the International Institute of Humanitarian Law, is directed at senior governmental officials and parliamentarians with responsibility for legislative issues involved in disaster management, as well as senior representatives of National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and UNDP field personnel.
The course will include lectures, plenary discussions, presentations by participants, practical exercises and scenario exercises. The lectures cover all aspects of disaster law, including domestic law, international disaster response law (IDRL) and human rights law. It will be conducted in English.
The course is free of charge for selected participants but attendance is by invitation ony.
For inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
What participants say
- "Excellent indeed. Friendly and congenial environment of learning and understanding," Dr. O.P. Mishra, Head, SAARC Disaster Management Centre
- "Interesting area of law – Strongly recommended for those in DRM," Dr. Stephen Ramroop, Chief Executive Officer, Trinidad and Tobago National Disaster Office
- “The course is an excellent opportunity to learn and to share with each others on legislative issues related to disaster management," Thai Doan Van, Secretary General, Vietnam Red Cross Society
- "Very informative. I really appreciated this workshop. We can apply this knowledge and raise awarenes in my country," Win Htut U, Director of the Relief and Resettlement Department, Government of Myanmar
- "Very intensive, very informative, very interactive, highly recommended," Francine Foster, Crown Counsel, Grenada Ministry of Legal Affairs