IFRC Secretariat Policy on the Prevention and Response to Workplace Harassment and Discrimination
The IFRC aims to take the necessary steps to prevent all forms of harassment and discrimination in the work environment, and to respond appropriately where prevention has failed. The purpose of this Policy is to:
- Define clearly what constitutes prohibited conduct for the Organization
- Outline the obligations of IFRC personnel, including the responsibility of managers, to prevent harassment and discrimination in the work environment
- Provide information on available resources to those who have experienced or observed any form of harassment or discrimination
- Set out informal and formal resolution mechanisms available to IFRC personnel as well as the appropriate channels for formal reporting of alleged breaches of this Policy
- Establishing the Organization's duties in handling and responding to reports of alleged breaches of this Policy.